2014 Labor Day Weekend - Marquette, Michigan Mattson Lower Harbor Park - August 29th, 30th and 31st
What folks are saying about us -
"7th year here. Rain or shine it is an awesome time!" Sault Saint Marie, Canada
"Love the fest! We come every year; wouldn't miss it!" - West Olive, MI
"We live just north of Ann Arbor and will be back again. Worth the drive it's amazing!!" - Pinckney, MI
"Beautiful setting & Great Music!!!" - Alpha, MI
"Great spot for a festival.... Worth the 14 hour drive." - Winnipeg, Canada
Friday August 29th - Open to Public - FREE Admission
6:00PM - Jeff Daniels w/ The Ben Daniels Band (Actor, Playright, Blues Singer)
8:00PM - The Jimmys (Back By Popular Demand)
Saturday, August 30th - TICKETED EVENT
1:00PM - Fireside Blues Band
2:30PM - Uncle Pete's All-Star BBQ Blues Band
4:00PM - Jim Suhler & Monkey Beat Underworld Records
6:00PM - Johnny Rawls Cat Food Records
8:00PM - Rick Estrin & the Nightcats Alligator Records
Sunday, August 31st - TICKETED EVENT
1:00PM - Kraig Kenning
2:30PM - Travis Swanson & the Midnight Movers
4:00PM - Ray Fuller and the Bluesrockers Azertone Records
6:00PM - Lurrie Bell Delmark Records
8:00PM - Nikki Hill Deep Fryed Records
Gates open at Noon on Saturday & Sunday. All times are eastern.
All times and artists are subject to change. asdfasdfasdfasdfsadfasdfasdfasdfsadfsdfasdfasdfsadfsadfasdfassasdfsadfsdfsdafsdfsf
* * * * *
TICKET & LODGING PACKAGES NOW AVAILABLE!!
Special package deals for weekend festival tickets and overnight stays.
* * * * *
Advanced Mobile Accessories - Charter - Checker Cab - Cliffs Natural Resources - Comfort Suites & Days Inn of Marquette - COOK Sign - FABCO - Fox Negaunee - FOX UP - Globe Printing - Great Lakes Radio - Jon's Auto - Marquette Community Federal Credit Union - Marquette Country Convention & Visitors Bureau - Marquette Monthly - Marquette Music Scene - Northern Michigan Bank & Trust - Ojibwa Casino - Ore Dock Brewery - Pike Distributing - Pit Stop Quick Lube - Public Radio 90 WNMU-FM - The Screened Image - SIR Community Federal Credit Union - South Shore Barber - Thomson & Paquette, PC - Tom Buchkoe Photography - UP Rehab - Waste Management - WLUC TV6 - 906 Technologies
* * * *
CLICK HERE TO VOLUNTEER AT THE FEST
Volunteers receive a festival t-shirt for first shift worked and up to $45 reimbursement of paid festival ticket for second shift worked.
* * * ***=
Food vendors. Dance workshops. Music workshops.
To register for any workshops or for more information, call 249-4382.
- There is no overnight camping on-site.
- Parents are responsible for their children (up to 17 years old).
- Sorry! Absolutely no pets!
- Please keep your area clean. Dispose of all trash (including cigarette butts).
- Contact security for any questions or concerns.
- Still photos are allowed (keep flash to a minimum at night).
- No video or audio recorders. This is disrespectful to the artists.
- The lost and found will be at the MABS Headquarters Tent.
- Credit cards, cash and checks with ID accepted.
- An ATM is located near the Fest grounds.
- The Marquette Area Blues Society endorses the designated driver program. If you choose to drink, drink responsibly. Do not drink and drive.
- We want you to have fun, but keep in mind "Public Drunkenness" or "Public Nuisance" will not be tolerated. You may be escorted off of the site. Anyone underage caught drinking will be prosecuted.
- No illegal drugs on-site. Officials will be contacted. Anyone underage caught with illegal drugs on-site will be prosecuted.
- The Marquette Area Blues Society is not responsible for damaged, lost or stolen items.
- The Marquette Area Blues Society is not responsible for personal injuries or death.
- No loitering outside the festival gates. The Marquette Area Blues Society has rented this entire park from the City of Marquette for the weekend.
- Volunteers are needed for clean up Sunday night & tear down Monday!
Gate & Security Information
Please be ready to be searched before entrance through the gate. Security will want you to take out your lawn chairs from any canvas bags, large bags and purses are discouraged. Umbrellas will need to be opened. We thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.
Security needs to see entrance wristbands on festival goers wrists. This will help us! If your wristband is not in plain site on your wrist, you may be escorted off the grounds. So please keep your entrance wristband provided at the gate in plain sight throughout the weekend.
General Site Information
The festival will take place rain or shine. Lawn chairs and blankets are welcomed for festival seating. Seating is on a first come, first serve basis. However, please be mindful of others around you (if you have lawn chairs, do not sit down directly in front of someone on a blanket). We will have first-aid available on site -- however, emergencies should be reported immediately to security.